12.17.2012

Temporary Lull

I know some people still check out my site - but lately I've just not had the creative wit in me.

After my summer of in-and-out hospital visits and surgeries, I have a different perspective on life.  Mostly, I am exuberant to even be alive.  I had a couple close calls this summer, and I remember having absolutely no energy but wanting desperately to clean my house and find my Will.  Silly.

I have much to be grateful for - in particular, my new grandbabies, Hunter and Abigail.  But I've only seen them three times in the last four months.  It's been sad and wonderful at the same time.  I am in awe when I see them and my heart breaks when I don't.

Recently the son of an older friend came to my door with her Christmas card in his hands.  She died on December 11, suddenly and without lingering or pain, but still.....  The loss is thick.  She was my mother-in-law's best friend and when she passed away, she became my best friend.  20 years older than me.

There has been a lot of loss lately - added to that the overwhelming loss in the United States with the deaths of 20 children in Newtown, Connecticut this week.

The pen just isn't flowing.

We need healing.  Lots of healing.

No comments: