7.30.2009

Ten Sucks

I started the week out so well, with my Ten Things About Monday

And then Tuesday came and I thought I would do Ten things About Tuesday, but the first thing I did was see the Kidney Transplant Center in the morning and that kind of got me stuck on the number “ten.”

So, Ten Things Tuesday went like this:

Ten – the number of my blood count, which has improved from 7, but would be best at 12

Ten – the percentage of my kidney function.

Ten – the length in inches of my kidneys. Yeah – read that again. Ten inches. Let’s see. I’m 5’2” tall; that’s just under 1/6th of my entire body.

You know what? I really don’t like the number ten. It’s too blunt and short. Its numeric form is a silly dinky “one” followed by a zipless “zero”. 10. Nope don’t like 10.

I think I’m not going to do 10 list items anymore.

For more on this delirious subject, http://www.spokesman.com/blogs/commcomm/2009/jul/30/calling-all-organ-donors/
.

4 comments:

al said...

Well, I got you beat. One of mine was 21 inches and weighed in at around 9 pounds (save the baby jokes, I've heard them to death). But, yeah, at five foot runty your's is a pretty good size.

Thinking in binary your 10 is really two.

Jeanie said...

That's like thinking in dog years, in reverse. I'll take the 2!

MarmiteToasty said...

ok, where did my bloody post go?

x

MarmiteToasty said...

Bloody hell you doodles have HUGE kidneys :)

Jeanie do you do that dialisis thing? my friend has to have it 3 times a week.... but she hands on all the books she reads to me, so its all win lol

My favourite and lucky number is 6.... so do away with 10 and get yaself a nicer number....

know you are loved..

x